Get your dream job. Gain skills and experience to be more competitive. Make money while going to school. Do it all at the Career Centre, where youâ€™ll find free help and resources:
- Work and volunteer opportunities targeting ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí students,
- Information on the Co-op program, and workshops to help you join,ÌýÌý
- Get 1-on-1 coaching with professional Career AdvisorsÌýto get job ready, andÌý
- Attend free career development workshops and more.
Work with a Professional Co-op Advisor to land a job for a Co-op Work Term. Spend a semester (or more) working in your field of study and getting paid for it.
Career Boost Program
Complement your post-degree program studies with work or volunteer experience. Get up to speed in the Monday PD Leadersâ€™ workshops then hone your leadership and public speaking skills with weekly Networking Hub sessions.
Go to CareerHUBÌýfor:
Perfect your resumÃ© and cover letters, bone up on your job search and interview skills, and create a killer LinkedIn profile, with one-on-one help from our career advisors.
Browse hundreds of full-time, part-time and temporary/summer jobs and volunteer positions. We post 3000+ jobs a year for Douglas students and grads.
Recruiting and networking events, and job fairsÌý
Meet hiring managers actively recruiting, who want to hire ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí students and grads; explore career options and build your network of professional contacts.
Learn the dos and donâ€™ts of career development at these free workshops. Weâ€™ll cover how to communicate in a professional manner, how to get hired, employer expectations, how to get through the first 30 days of a new job and more.
Where should I go for help?
Here are some examples of questions or concerns to help you decide which service to use:
- I need help finding a job
- I need more information on a specific career, such as job prospects or what to expect in a certain occupation
- I need help in practicing interview skills
- I need help with writing a resume and/or cover letter to apply for jobs
- I want to learn more about how to network to make connections with potential employers and advance my career
- I want to know what career options I have with my degree or diploma
- I need resources on researching job options
- I want to know what kind of skills I need to get into my career
- I need help setting up a LinkedIn account
- I want to learn more about workplace culture and communications
- I want to learn about career development
- I want to meet with potential employers through recruiting, networking, and job fairs
- I want to learn more about getting a co-op job
- I need help starting out in my career
- I want to meet with someone in my industry to learn more and don't know how to get started
If this service seems right for you, log in to to book an appointment, register for a workshop, or review our resources.
- What are the college or program admission requirements?
- I want to apply to a ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí program but donâ€™t know how to get started
- Iâ€™m not sure how I can complete the prerequisites requirements for a program or course
- I know which career Iâ€™d like, but donâ€™t know which program I should pursue
- I need to drop a course and would like to revise my educational plan
- Can I transfer the courses I take at Douglas to other institutions?
- What assessment tests will I need to do to get into a program/course?
- I donâ€™t know what courses I need to take to graduate from my program or to transfer to another institution
- I am having trouble registering for a course
- I donâ€™t understand ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí policies
If this service seems right for you, Academic AdvisingÌýis offered at select times each day of the week.
- I donâ€™t know what career to choose
- I want to go back to school but Iâ€™m not sure which field would be best for me
- Iâ€™m not sure if Iâ€™m making good choices for my future
- I need help with decision making about my future life goals
- I canâ€™t handle my course load and Iâ€™m worried I will not be successful
- I get very anxious about taking tests and canâ€™t remember anything
- Iâ€™m feeling really down and unmotivated
- Iâ€™m not sleeping and have no appetite
- Iâ€™m having problems at home that are affecting my studies
- Iâ€™ve missed a lot of classes because Iâ€™ve been sick. What are my options to catch up?
- Iâ€™m on Academic Probation and now Iâ€™m blocked from registering for my classes
- I need help with a petition to ask for a refund/late withdrawal
If this service seems right for you, contact Student ServicesÌýto book an appointment.