The Foundation for Music Therapy Studies Program is designed to give students the academic and applied skills that they need for further study toward a Bachelor of Music Therapy degree. Music courses are drawn primarily from the Music Diploma program and the higher level of the Basic Musicianship program.
What does it offer?
- Two years (four full-time semesters); 60 credits
- Credential awarded: diploma in performing arts â€“ foundation for music therapy studies
- Meets the pre-requisite course requirements for 3rd year entry into Capilano Universityâ€™s Bachelor of Music Therapy Program
- Provides applied musical training on piano, guitar and voice, as the foundation for further study
Who is it for?
- Students who are musical and enjoy working with people
- Students who are interested in using their creativity and talent to help others
In order to be considered for admission, students must complete all general and program-specific admission criteria, including an audition, interview, music theory and aural skills assessmentsÂ Candidates will be selected for admission on a first-qualified, first-admitted basis.