Douglas International Regional Entrance Awards & Education Entrance Scholarships
ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí offers nearly $100,000 in entrance scholarships to new international students each year who have proven to be successful in their previous academic studies.
We currently have two categories of entrance scholarships available for Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters at ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí:Ìý
Douglas International Education Regional Entrance Award: $1000 - 2000
- No separate application necessary. Students will automatically be assessed upon application to ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí, and will be notified of this award when we send an offer of admission.Ìý
- Available to students from: CIS countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan), Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa,ÌýEast Asia, Southeast Asia and South AsiaÌý(Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal).
- To be eligible, students must have applied to ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí by the official semester application deadline listed below.
- Successful recipients typically have an above average GPA (B equivalent or higher) and strong English language proficiency test scores (i.e. IELTS 7.0 and above, or equivalent).
Dr. Guangwei OuyangÌýInternational Education Entrance Scholarship: $2500Ìý
- Separate application required. Applicants must complete theÌýentrance scholarship formÌý(PDF) by the below deadline and email along with all supporting documents to Douglas International. To be considered, students must have alreadyÌýapplied to ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí.
- Students are selected based on their previous academic performance and their engagement in their school, community and/or personal development.
- Students from all countries are eligible for these scholarships.
Douglas International Education Entrance Scholarship Deadlines
|Summer (May)||January 31|
|Fall (September)||May 31|
|Winter (January)||September 30Ìý|
Continuing student awardsÌýand scholarships
In addition to entrance scholarships, ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí students may also qualify for continuing student awards based on their performance throughout the academic year.Ìý
ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí International Returning Student Scholarship
The International Education Returning Student Scholarship was created in 1995 by ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí International. The scholarship recognizes international students continuing their studies with ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí who have demonstrated academic excellence.
Enrollment & GPA Requirements
- Be an international student enrolled at ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí
- Be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credits within any academic program or Faculty
- Have completed at least 21 credits at ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí with a minimum GPA of 3.75
Students can receive this award a maximum of two times during their studies at ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí:
- Once they have completed a minimum of 21 credit hours, but less than 42 credit hours
- Once the student has completed a minimum of 42 credits
This scholarship is awarded once a semester.
There is no application for this scholarship, candidates are based on the above criteria and notified if they have been awarded a scholarship.
Continuing student Global Citizenship Dean Award
The Global Citizenship Deanâ€™s Awards recognize students from across ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí that embody global competencies in action. Award winners show commitment to global citizenship through their studies (course selection and experiences) and through their community engagement.Ìý Across contexts, they also demonstrate high levels of practical global competencies such as, perspective-taking, global self-awareness, critical thinking and intercultural communication skills.
Minimum requirements to apply:
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA at the time of application
- Must have completed 21 or more credits at ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí
- Must not have received the award before
- Students must complete and submit an application by the deadline (start an application to see the deadline)
- 2 references ( 1 academic, 1 non-academic )
- Students must demonstrate outstanding commitment or contribution to community
- Students must demonstrate aÌýlink between their studies and global citizenship. For example, pursuit of global competencies through study and experience (e.g. GCC-eligible courses, study abroad,Ìý pursuit of intercultural WIL or experiences)
- This annual award is worthÌý$1500Ìýfor each recipient
- There is one recipient for each of ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí's six faculties
- Next round of applications will open in November 2022
- For details about this award, visit: or contact Global Engagement
Continuing student international outbound mobilityÌýbursary
Continuing international and domestic students may apply for additional funding to facilitate their participation in an approved international mobility program. To learn more about international exchange opportunities and available scholarships and awards, please contact ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí . For details on international exchanges, visitÌý.
This scholarship was created by Guangwei Ouyang, former VP, International Education & Strategic Partnerships, in 2017, to support the recruitment of international student athletes to ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí. The purpose of the fund is to cover the difference between International and Domestic student tuition fees. A maximum of 5 eligible recipients will be chosen each academic year to receive up to $7,000 towards their tuition. The scholarships will be split equally between the Fall & Winter semester.Ìý