Earn a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree from Simon Fraser University, while studying at both Douglas and SFU.
Note: if you have completed more than 45 university transfer credits, you are NOT eligible for this program.
°Õ³ó±ðÌýÌýallows you to move freely and easily between both institutions to complete the requirements of a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree from Simon Fraser University. Get the benefits of studying in both a smaller college environment and a larger university setting.
This is not the same as transferring from Douglas to SFU.ÌýTransferring usually involves leaving a college to attend university and submitting a request toÌýthe university to give you credit for college courses. Once you transfer to university you cannot go back to the college to complete additional credits without permission. The SFU - Douglas Degree Program is much more flexible.
- Flexibility:Ìýyou can study at both institutions with full support from both sides
- Convenience: your official ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí transcript will be sent to SFU at the end of each semester you attend ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí.
- To use your completed SFU courses as pre-requisites for ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí courses, you can request Transfer Credit at ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí
- Support: knowledgeable Advisors will ensure you receive the best information possible about your degree requirements and course options
- More services:Ìýincluding uPass, medical/dental coverage, student housing (if registered in sufficient number of SFU courses per year)
Areas of study
The partnership degree program includes academic disciplines within the the following areas:
For a complete list of eligible departments, schools and programs, please visit the Faculty websites.
Applications for admission to the SFU - Douglas Degree Program are processed through SFU. Apply online through theÌý.
- Click on Apply Now (you will be transferred to the EducationPlannerBC website)
- Choose SFU as your institution selection
- When asked to identify your intended program of study, you must select the following three choices:
- Faculty:Ìý Arts and Social Sciences OR Science OR Environment
- Subject Area:ÌýDegree Partnership w/Douglas
- Program/Plan:ÌýBA Partnership w Douglas OR BSC Partnership w Douglas
You must meet SFU's admission requirements for theÌýÌý(BA) OR theÌý(BSc), OR theÌý.ÌýIf you have more than 45 university transferable credits you areÌý²Ô´Ç³ÙÌýeligible for this program. If you have completed 24-45 credits of university transferable courses, admission will be based on your college grades. If you have completed fewer than 24 credits of university transferable courses (or if you are in secondary school), admission will be based on your secondary school grades. Detailed info on admission requirements can be found on theÌý.
Successful applicants will receive an offer of admission as well as an invitation to attend an orientation session at SFU.
Putting passion to work
International Studies student Anoop Virk empowers girls in Africa.