Late Registration takes place between the 8th and 14th calendar day of each semester. This applies to regular courses that are 15 weeks in length.
Winter 2024 Semester - Late Registration
(January 10 to 16, 2024)
Registering for Classes
During the late registration period, you will only be allowed to register for a course if you received aÌýLATE REGISTRATION OVERRIDEÌýfrom the instructor. The override will expire after 24 hours, make sure to complete your registration as soon as possible.Ìý
Please respect that instructors have the right to decide how many additional students they will let into their course.
No waitlist offers will be sent during this period.Ìý
To register for a course using a Late Registration Override:Ìý
- On your myAccount, check > Registration >ÌýPrepare for RegistrationÌýpage to verify that your instructor entered theÌýLate Registration OverrideÌýfor your course. If you do not have a note about the course underÌýPermit Override, you will not be allowed to register. Please contact your instructor. Again, the instructor will decide if they are willing to accept anyÌýstudents. Not all students will receive an override to register.ÌýÌý
- After you confirmed that you have aÌýLate Registration Override, go toÌýRegister for Classes.ÌýÌý
- If you are on the waitlist, use theÌýActionÌýpull-down menu to change your status to **Registered**.
- If you are NOT on the waitlist, add your course and register as usual.Ìý
- To complete registration, you must click onÌýSubmitÌýunderÌýSummary.
- Check theÌýStatusÌýof the course to make sure your course is fully registered.Ìý
If you drop or change a section of a courseÌýduring this period, you will receive aÌý50% tuition refund per class dropped, even if you replace your class or change sections of a course.ÌýClasses dropped between the 8th and 14th calendar day of the semester, will not appear on your permanent record.
The registration system will not allow you to drop from waitlists at this time.
The option under the Action pull-down menu at this time to drop isÌýDrop â€“ÌýLate Registration.
Note: New Winter 2024 international students must refer toÌýRefund Information For New First-Semester International Students
Make sure you are familiar with theâ€¯Refund Policy before making any changes to your schedule, during and after Late Registration, as the refund policy will be strictly enforced. If you drop or withdraw from any class on or after the 8th calendar day of the semester and you have not made any payments toward your account, you still owe ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí tuition and/or fees.
After Late Registration
Withdrawing from Classes - January 17 to March 11, 2024
If you withdraw from a class, during this period, you areÌýnot eligible for a refundÌýand the course will be recorded on your permanent record with a grade of "W", which does not count towards your GPA.ÌýThe option under the Action pull-down menu at this time to withdraw isÌýWithdraw.
Withdrawing from Classes - March 12, 2024, onwards
Class withdrawals are not permitted after the 9th week of the semester.