Personal information

At ϼ a student’s personal information is used for a variety of reasons. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure all the information is up to date.

Personal information uses

Information typeInformation use
Email Address and Phone numberA student’s email address and phone number are collected and used to contact the student, and inform them of information about their studies at the College. For example, upcoming deadlines, and applications regarding their studies at ϼ. 
Home addressA student’s home address needs to be up to date in the event the College needs to mail information or items to the student. For example, cheques, transcripts or diplomas, etc. 
Social Insurance NumberThe student’s SIN  is needed to issue a T2202 and/or T4A. 
Please note that the College does not ask for your SIN number at the point of registration. You will be asked to enter it in myAccount so we can issue you a T2202 and/or T4A. 

All of the above information provided is used to verify a student’s identity. If the information provided in the loan application fails to match the one provided in the information in the student’s myAccount, it can result in a delay or rejection of the loan.

Legal name change

The student’s legal name will be displayed on official College documents:  

  • Official transcripts
  • Reports/Documents to government/tax forms (ie: T4A, T2202, student loan, etc)
  • Letters of attestation
  • Diplomas and certificates
  • Tuition fee invoices/or receipts
  • Cheques

Please note: 
The legal name on ϼ records is the legal name as it appears on a student’s government issued documents, such as birth certificate, permanent residence card, citizenship card, or study permit, that have been provided to the College.

How to change legal name

If the student is wanting to correct or change their legal name on ϼ’s official records, fill out the "Personal Information Change Form" under the ڴǰ page and contact an Enrolment Services Advisor to make sure they are providing the correct documents for the process.

Preferred first name change

A preferred or chosen first name is a name that an individual commonly uses that is different from their legal name – it is what they wish to be called, not what other people prefer to call them. 

Please note:
It is important to note that making a request to use a preferred first name at ϼ does not change the legal name in the ϼ student record or records with government authorities. 

How to change legal first name to preferred first name

Preferred names can be added or changed using myAccount.

Documents for Students where Preferred Name is displayed

  • Student ID cards and Clinical Badges
  • Class Lists and exam rosters
  • Grade Lists/Rosters
  • Email aliases
  • Learning Management System
  • Student Portals
  • Newsletters/Communications
  • Graduation program

Address or Phone change 

In order to ensure ϼ has the correct information about the students current residential area, they can update their address:

  1. Log into using CNA username and password.
  2. Choose "Personal Information" and then "View and Update Personal Information".
  3. Edit or add new address or phone information.

Please note:
The students address must be up-to-date before any documents are mailed out to them. 

Gender Identity change

Students who wish to update or change their gender identity may do so through MyAccount.

  1. Log into  using CNA username and password.
  2. Choose "Personal Information" and then "View and Update Personal Information".
  3. Click “Edit” in the Personal Details box and update Gender Identification.


Citizenship Update

Students who become a Permanent Resident during their time at ϼ, can update their status by contacting Enrolment Services Advising.

Students will need to provide supporting documentation such as:

  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence and a government-issued photo ID or
  • Permanent Resident Card

If an international student becomes a Permanent Resident and submits the Personal Information Change Form on or before the second tuition payment deadline for the term, domestic tuition fees will be assessed for the term provided that supporting documentation accompanies the request.

personal information change form

You can find the forms to change your name, and other information under forms.