The tuition payment deadline date for the Winter 2024 Semester is Monday, December 11, 2023. ReadÌýinformation on how to pay your fees on this page.
If you have applied for a student loan and are relying on it to pay your tuition fees, you will not receive the funds by the tuition payment deadline date, therefore, a fee deferral must be entered onto your student record before the payment deadline date to avoid being dropped from classes.ÌýIn order to be eligible for a fee deferral and avoid being dropped from your courses for non-payment, you must qualify for a fee deferral under one of the following categories:Ìý
For courses added between November 14 - December 10, 2023.
BC Student Loan
- If you have applied for a BC Full-time Student Loan, before December 1, an automatic fee deferral should be applied to your student record unless there are errors with your student loan application. (Please note, it takes several days from the time you apply for a student loan to when the information enters ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí's student records system, for the fee deferral to be applied)
- Check if your fee deferral is in place (December 4 - 11) by logging in to your myAccount > Registration > Registration and Schedule > Prepare for Registration > Select a term.
- If you do not see the Fee Deferral in your myAccount by Monday, December 11 at 9:00 AM, please contact your SSA or Enrolment ServicesÌýand show proof that you have applied for a BC Student loanÌý(ex. a screen shot of your SABC application successfully submitted)
- For Part-time BC Student Loan applicants, a fee deferral will be manually entered by an Enrolment Services Staff at the time of processing your application if you submit your complete application by 4:00 PM on Monday, December 11. Partially completed applications with missing documents will not be accepted or processed.
Out-of-Province Student LoanÌý
- If you have applied for an out-of-provinceÌýStudent Loan, before the payment deadline date, and notified Enrolment Services, aÌýfee deferral should have beenÌýapplied to your student recordÌý
- Check if your fee deferral is in placeÌý(December 4 - 11) by logging in toÌýmyAccount > Registration > Registration and Schedule > Prepare for Registration > Select a term.
- If you do not see the Fee Deferral in your myAccount by Monday, December 11 at 9:00 AM, please contact your SSA or Enrolment Services and show proof that you have applied for an out-of-province Student loanÌý(ex. a screen shot of yourÌýapplication successfully submitted)
- If you are receiving a Scholarship, request a fee deferral before Monday, December 11 at 9:00 AM, by contactingÌýstudentawards@douglascollege.ca.Ìý
- If it's an external scholarship, submit proof of scholarship to email@example.com and request a fee deferral.
Please check your myAccount between December 4 - 11 to ensure that a fee deferral has been applied to your account:
Log into myAccount > Registration > Registration and Schedule > Prepare for Registration > Select a term.
***Fee Deferrals expire at the end of the first month of the semester, unless otherwise specified in your Account. Please check your myAccount to make sure payment has been received. If your funding is delayed, or if you become ineligible to receive your loan disbursement, it is your responsibility to pay the fees by the tuition payment deadline dates or before your fee deferral expires. Students with expired fee deferrals may incur late fees and receive a financial hold on their account.***