As a provincial government public body, ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí complies with . FIPPA requires us to:
- provide the public with the right to access records of which ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí has custody of or control
- provide individuals with the right to access and correct personal information about themselves
- withhold from disclosure certain records as specified in exemptions to the Act
- prevent the unauthorized collection, use or disclosure of personal information
- provide routine public information and personal information about the person requesting it
- provide information in response to a formal FIPPA request
- respond to privacy breaches when they occur, and report as necessary to the Office of the Information Privacy Commissioner
Routine Information Requests
Student Academic Records
- To request a copy of your own student transcript, order it online via .
- To request a transcript related to a third party, submit your request in writing to the Enrolment Services. Your request must be accompanied by a third party authorization form. We recommend you use the Consent for Personal Information Disclosure FormÂ to ensure that all necessary information is included.Â This authorization must specify:
- to whom the personal information may be disclosed
- the personal information for which the third party is providing consent for disclosure
- the date on which the consent is effective and, if applicable, the date on which the consent expires
- the purpose of the disclosure of the information
- FIPPA requests for student academic or educational records received by the Enrolment Services will be considered a request for the student transcript, which contains the complete academic history of a student. If you require additional records beyond an official transcript, please follow the Formal Access to Information Request process outlined below.
- To access your own employee records, contact ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí Human Resources.
- To request employee records related to a third party, submit your request in writing to Manager, Records and Information Management, accompanied by a third party authorization form. We recommend you choose to use the Consent for Personal Information Disclosure FormÂ to ensure that all necessary information is provided.
Formal Access to Information Requests
- To request access to ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí records, submit your request in writing to the Manager, Records and Information Management. We recommend you use the Request for Access to Records Form to ensure that all necessary information is provided.
- If you are requesting access to a third party's personal information beyond a transcript or employee records, your request must be accompanied by a third party authorization form. We recommend you use the Consent for Personal Information Disclosure FormÂ to ensure that all necessary information is provided.
- Your request for records must provide sufficient detail about the records sought. Review the ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí Personal Information BanksÂ to identify the records you would like to request. This will help us respond to your request in a timely way.