Laura C. Muir performing arts theatre regulations
- Times booked are inclusive. The Theatre will only be available during the times booked. When booking please take into account any set-up and clean-up time.
- A damage deposit of $300.00 must be submitted with your application.
- Property and accident insurance for the amount of 3 million dollars is required to book the Laura C. Muir Performing Arts Theatre. It is the responsibility of each group/person that books the Theatre to submit a copy of the certificate of insurance to Room Bookings no later than 30 days in advance of the booked event. Failure to meet these requirements may result in cancellation of your request.
- The Management reserves the right to employ extra technical assistance, as it deems necessary.
- The maximum seating capacity is 350. No additional seating can be added due to fire regulations.
- Groups involving a large number of performers must book additional room(s). The dressing rooms and backstage facilities are not large and cannot accommodate a large group.
- General lighting (no colour) will be provided. If you require any special lighting, you must contact the Theatre technician, in writing, two weeks prior to the event.
- Only ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí authorized personnel are allowed in the control booth, fly loft, cat walks, electrical room, and are allowed to operate the counter weight system.
- The Theatre is rented AS IS. If you require any set-up (including riser, chairs, etc.) please provide personnel. If ÇïÏ¼Â×Àí employees are required, additional costs will be incurred.
- If tables or chairs are required in the foyer, the Site Services Assistant must be contacted.
- NO FOOD or BEVERAGES are allowed in the Theatre. It is the responsibility of the USER to enforce this policy.
- Food & Beverage Exclusivity. No Food or beverage of any kind will be permitted to be brought into the College or to leave the premises by the convener or guests.
- Users are required to provide ushers. They must arrive one hour prior to scheduled curtain time to receive instructions from the Theatre Technician.
- Groups involving children and young people, or with a large number of participants may be required to provide additional supervision.
- Equipment load-in must be arranged with the Theatre Technician prior to the event.
- Users are responsible for leaving the Theatre in a clean state. This includes removing programs and other debris from the aisles, restoring all equipment, and sweeping the stage.
- Failure to comply with any of the above regulations may result in extra charges.
- On Sundays, please note that the only entrance to the college that will be open is the east entrance off of Agnes St. and 7th St. by the Security Kiosk.
||Monday - Friday
||6:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight.
||7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
||$2.00 per hour, max. $8.00 per day.Ìý$3.00 per night, after 6:00 p.m.